Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day


I had the best mothers day!  First I got to sleep in, then Corby made eggs benedict (my favorite) for breakfast.  After breakfast I was given a new camera!  I am so excited, I have been wanting a nice camera for a while.  It is a digital Canon Rebel XTi with 2 lenses, the standard and a 55 - 250mm lens.  I have already had so much fun taking pictures!  


After church we went to the cemetery for a picnic at Corby's mother's grave.  It was so nice to spend some time there and talk about her with the kids.  

We had dinner at my parents house and all my siblings (except Marianne and Jathan) and families were there as well as Brett and kids, Darin and Kamie and my grandparents and my uncle Bill who has been staying with my parents for a while.  Dinner was prepared by the men and was awesome!  I think they should do it every get together:)  Later that evening we went to the McArthur's and had a nice visit with them.  I am thankful that they have taken us into their family and become my children's other grandparents, they are great.  
After we got home Corby surprised me with a video of my children and all my family talking about what they like about me.  You know this was an incredibly long video as everyone just could not stop talking about all the many reasons they love me!  But it really was touching, I have the best husband!  All in all it was a pretty great day.  I will post more pictures as I figure out my new camera.

11 comments:

Mindy said...

Yea!! I love all the posts! What a fun Mothers Day, Corby is so much like Pam was, she always went all out for holidays and special occasions.
My blog is mindyryanandfamily.blogspot.com

nicole said...

What a great Mother's Day, Corby really is such a sweet husband.

LouandAngela said...

Wow! What a great mother's day! Your husband's got it figured out! Can't wait to see more pictures with your fancy new camera!

Your party at your mom's house sounds like a blast! Glad to hear the men cooked!!

Merm said...

A CAMERA!!!! I am so EXCITED FOR YOU! I told Jathan that we needed to buy a camera before you did so that I was not coppying you when we got one... ha ha ha! That is a long time coming, but that is fine I have many toys! Ummmm CORBY... yeah you did good. Props bra... ha ha! I wish I could have been at mom's house for dinner, I missed you all.

Merm said...

Oh and... I am so glad you blogged! Keep it up. this is the only link I have to seeing you guys for the next few months.

And... that is so great you went to Pams grave site. What a great thing for you kids to learn more about her.

Natali Thompson said...

I keep checking your blog and I am so glad to see all the posts! Nice camera...I am glad that you had a good Mother's Day! SPOILED! :) I love the tea party-I am the activity day leader as well and have been trying to think of a mother/daughter activity. You are such a good mom and do so many cute/fun things! Your kids are adorable!

Camille said...

Big points for Corby!! I'm jealous of the camera! How fun!

gerdy said...

Mothers day was awesome and your little kiddies looked so cute.

Merm said...

While I am gone I expect you to post at LEAST once a week! I need updates on su familia!

Merm said...

annamariahorner.blogspot.com

Check it!

It's got the goods... or some goods any how. A fun besutiful array of colors!

Miss you
Kiss noise
Bye

Merm said...

CAROLYNN! We had so much fun! I missed you and Amanda so much and wish you could have been here! Cant wait to see you in a few weeks!!

UPDATE, UPDATe!!