I promised Marianne I would keep my blog updated while she was in Alaska, so I'd better make good on that promise.
Katie went a nice bike ride Saturday morning, then the guys went mountain biking while I took the older kids to the pool and Katie stayed with Drew and Grace at the condo. The girls went out for some retail therapy in the afternoon and also got Vanilla Avocado Smoothies from The Orange Peel (thanks for the referral McArthur girls.)
Sunday we all went to Zion National Park and hiked to the temple of Sinawava. We saw John Heder a.k.a. Napoleon Dynamite in the line for the shuttle at Zion's. Luckily we talked Corby out of asking him for some tots, he did arrange a photo op with Katie for her nephew who is a big N.D. fan.
Monday Bud and Katie went on a mountain bike ride while Corb and I watched the kids and then we swapped and Coby, Cade and I went out. Bud and Katie both had pretty sweet wrecks, we will see if Bud will be able to compete in the Salem triathlon this weekend. I haven't been on a real bike trail since before Cade was born and I forgot how much I enjoy mountain biking! It was also so great to see Cade out there, he is awesome. I was so proud of him, he was going on things that made me more than a little nervous. It is great to be entering a time in our family that we can enjoy more activities with our kids. The rest of Monday was spent relaxing and cleaning.
2 comments:
What a fun vaca! Carolynn you look rocking! I love the pic of bergy holding hands. So cute... it looks like love is in the air.. ha ha! I can't believe Cade is mountain biking with you. He is such a little stud muffin. Oh I miss all you guys! I hope we will see eachother again soon.
Thank you for updating your blog... and you better keep it up! No waiting 18 months anymore okay!
Welcome back to the world of blogging!! I missed you, well not really because I talk to you about four times a day:)
Post a Comment