Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Passing of a Prophet

Last Sunday night our beloved prophet Gordon B Hinckley passed away at 97 years of age.  It has been a very tender week.  I found out just before I went downstairs to snuggle Cade for bedtime.  I told Cade and we started talking about how much we knew the prophet loved us every time we heard him speak.  As we talked about him Cade's eyes started to fill with tears and he turned away from me and had a little cry.  I told him I thought there was probably a celebration in heaven with angels singing welcoming him home.  It was a tender moment for me to see that my little 7 year old had that much love for the prophet.  It made me realize that these little spirits take in and understand more than I give them credit for.  

We watched President Hinckley's funeral broadcast on T.V. yesterday and there were a lot of feelings expressed at church today of love and gratitude for that great man.  It makes me so grateful to be in an organization led by such inspired and good men.  What a great example of Christ like love he was.

1 comments:

lissiemarie said...

this is soo precious! I love it. I love your blog and you look down right gorgeous! btw how are you cous? It is so fun to see you and your sisters' blogs.

cousin Elisabeth